Question Datafeed Help
    I am not a programmer. I would like to find out is there a way to import the datafeeds from pricegrabber.com or amazon.com or shop.com or overstock.com or shopping.com. If yes whats the best way i.e. which programe or software could do that?

Basically I wanted to build a website where my clients can see the average price of the products i.e. data from the above websites.

Would appreiciate your input.

JG

JG,

Here are a few fairly easy options to consider:

http://www.fourthworld.com/products/webmerge/

http://www.goldencan.com

http://www.popshops.com

Best of luck, and welcome to ABW!

Geno

Thanks, Geno

If I understand correctly I could import the datafeeds of pricegrabber, amazon, shopping etc , from the above mentioned websites.

jg

Quote Originally Posted by jgowani
    Thanks, Geno

If I understand correctly I could import the datafeeds of pricegrabber, amazon, shopping etc , from the above mentioned websites.

jg
    Nope. Each of those sites use proprietary API's and require you to apply and get approved to each of their programs. Amazon is easy to get into, but Pricegrabber and Shopping are both picky with who they work with. They also may not allow you to work with competing price comparison engines. Its not a trivial matter interfacing with these APIs as they're all very unique and somewhat complicated.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thank you, Snib.

J.G., there isn't one place from which you can import any datafeed. First, you need to be an affiliate of the program whose datafeed you want to work with. Then you can play with the above-mentioned tools to import their feeds into your site(s).

In addition to the above-mentioned ones WordPress is also definitely worth a look at.

Geno

Thanks,

JG

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Thank you, Snib.

J.G., there isn't one place from which you can import any datafeed. First, you need to be an affiliate of the program whose datafeed you want to work with. Then you can play with the above-mentioned tools to import their feeds into your site(s).

In addition to the above-mentioned ones WordPress is also definitely worth a look at.

Geno
    Not true any more Geno. Already networks in the UK are offering a complete suite whereby you get the entire inventory of all the merchants feeds plus complete script to display and all for free. Affiliate Window has Shop Window and even News International are their affiliates offering a range of products via Fox/Sky/News of The World and The Sun. We're on the affiliate development steering committee for Digital Window, owners of Affiliate Window. What is more you DO NOT need to be an affiliate of the merchant if using the Shop Window system. Simply a registered affiliate with the network as everything is linked through their servers.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Thanks for the tips
    I am still trying to sort out my RSS in my blogs. I did not know these other data feeds were possible for nonprogrammers.

learning sumthing everyday.

Well in this world of computers.... that is fairly easy to do! lol

I think I did not intend to be in THIS forum / thread. It is not what I thought is was. Here is a pic of me swimming in water over my head. . . . sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    Not true any more Geno. Already networks in the UK are offering a complete suite whereby you get the entire inventory of all the merchants feeds plus complete script to display and all for free...
    Nice. Didn't know about this... You live - you learn.

Was the question about the UK though? :-)

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Where the UK leads others follow Geno and yes there is software whereby you can have full API integration for Amazon, Shopping.com and a handful of others.

We don't supply it but a guy called Lee (Leeky on the affiliates4u.com forum in the UK) supplies a complete script to integrate.

affiliatescript.co.uk/amazon_ecs_script/

Although he's switching from offering scripts to doing paid pages nowadays.

Going back to the AW example though....if a network really cares about their affiliates then to maximise their earnings they will offer affiliates better resources. A comprehensive system whereby the network provides a script and display layout with immediate access to all merchants where you immediately earn commission even if you are not registered with them is surely the way forward?
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread