Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    The New York Giants Alive and Kicking!
    Hello everyone,

I just had to make a post and publically acknowledge my New York Giants! Everyone discounted them and never gave them a chance on the road. They just beat Dallas and they are one game away from going to the Super Bowl!

I dont know what will happen next week when they play the Packers, but as of now it sure feels good to see them in the Playoffs and winning!

Go Giants!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Oh, yeah they are!

It was certainly an entertaining game to watch - and especially to see them hold off the Cowboys in the 4th quarter.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Never knew you were a Giants fan - Congrats
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Nice to see Eli getting a little respect from the NY media too. So many young quarterbacks come under the gun from armchair quarterback fans who expect a two or three year starter to be a Joe Montana or John Elway out of the gate. Guess if any of those fans really knew much about the NFL they would better understand the thousands of things these kids have to learn. Being as my Broncos are golfing right now, I congratulate the Giants on a well earned victory and wish them well in the frozen tundra next week.

I also congratulate the Chargers on an unexpected victory over the Colts today. I was not shocked, but I did think my boy Peyton's team would be headed to the AFC championship game next week.

The above celebrations notwithstanding, it's rather anti-climactic when we consider that whoever wins the NFC, I don't think that anyone is going to stop the Patriots from ending a perfect season.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yay Giants!

Whodathunk at the beginning of the season that Eli, not Peyton, would be advancing his team to the next round of playoffs?

What I fear is that the Pats and the Giants will be in the Superbowl which will cause a bit of tension at my house.

ABW Ambassador
    GIANTS in the Superbowl. The kicker just saved his own life. Where's Tiki at? Great game. Eliiiiiiiii

ABW Ambassador
    Great game! Just lost $5 betting on GB tho...
    Can't believe the Giants' kicker made that 47 yard field goal after missing 41yd and 36 yd ones...Great job for Giants!

It was a really good game. Actually watched most of it. I'm glad the poor little kicker made the last one lol poor little fella woulda felt terrible if he hadn't.

Feel bad for the poor fans. Freezin thru all of it(cept for the crazies baring their skin lol ) and not even win. Least it mighta been worth freezin if they'd have won.

Not gonna be a happy home for Rhea lol

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    If he didn't make that last kick, I was going to kick him!

Way to go
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Nice to see Eli getting a little respect from the NY media too.
    You bet - Eli rocked it and yay Giants! I started watching and thought I'd be rooting for Green Bay but the Giants won my heart halfway through the game.

I was so happy to see the last field goal make good. Poor kid would have gone home and strung himslef up had he blown the third one.

Was happy to see the Pats take it this morning, too. Gonna be a helluva super bowl with Boston/NY. Yikes - big time crazies. Can't wait. :-)

I'll be rooting for the Pats in the super bowl. Gonna be tough now that I fell in love with the Giants, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Woohoo! Was that a game or WHAT?!?

Thanks for your concern, purplebear but I think things will be just fine at my house, in spite of the fact that I'm an uptown girl (New Englander) and hubby is a downtown man (New Yorker).

Hubby's already admitted that his team probably can't beat mine. But this is a win-win situation for me because really I'll be happy no matter who wins. I'm really looking forward to the game and wonder if hubby will be able to sleep at all the next two weeks.

>ahem<

And now is the time when I remind you all of a post I made months ago wherein I stated that it was Boston's year. I don't follow hockey; how are they looking for the Stanley Cup?

http and a telephoto
    Exciting old fashioned day of football in the cold. The Super Bowl will be a fun game to watch and I am routing for the perfect season. The Patriots just look like a together team and the Giants are the scrappers that made it by the seat of their pants They all played hard!

edited to add: oh yeah, as a Buffalo fan for years by default, the Giants game gave me flashbacks to Scott Nor-wide.... kinda like karma reminding the Giants of a game long ago that was handed to them.... maybe
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I hand it to the Giants = lots of heart to stay with it when their kicker and center were trying their best to keep the Packers in it!

Nothing can stop the Giants now!!! Unless by some total fluke they have to play the Patriots... LOL - ouch!!

I remember as a 16 year old in 1965 sitting in Lambeau field watching the Baltimore Colts (the real Colts) play GB for the division title. It was 8 below zero, I froze my patootie off - and in OT the pack won. Then we headed over to a restaurant called the Zeider Zee and had twin 14 oz lobster tails for $9.95!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I was rooting for Brett to have one more hoorah as it would be a great story line leading up to the game.

Not sure if it matters in the end who loses to the Patriots this year, but should still be a fun time watching Eli 'come into his own'.

I was thinking a great print promo for the game would be having Peyton standing beside the Lombardi trophy with the lighting set so it is casting a long shadow of him into the background. It appears as if its just an ad Peyton is doing to promote the game, you see Eli walking out of his shadow with a caption "See it February 3rd on FOX".

Ok, clearly I'm really tired coming up with print ads for the Super Bowl... I'm going to bed.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I hand it to the Giants = lots of heart to stay with it when their kicker and center were trying their best to keep the Packers in it!

Nothing can stop the Giants now!!! Unless by some total fluke they have to play the Patriots... LOL - ouch!!

I remember as a 16 year old in 1965 sitting in Lambeau field watching the Baltimore Colts (the real Colts) play GB for the division title. It was 8 below zero, I froze my patootie off - and in OT the pack won. Then we headed over to a restaurant called the Zeider Zee and had twin 14 oz lobster tails for $9.95!!
    My God, we're the same age!

I've never been to a football game in the frozen tundra, but one of my greatest sport's memories was Sept. 9, 1965, when I was at Dodger Stadium when Sandy Koufax pitched his perfect game against the Cubs (and Bob Hendley of the Cubs 1-hit the Dodges). And there was a great restaurant between my house and Dodger Stadium that had a Lobster Tail/Filet Mignon combo for $5.95, but that night I just had a couple of Dodger Dogs
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Super Bowl Question: The Univrsity of Phoenix does not actually have a campus (they rent space in office buildings across the US and Canada but are primarily an online entity). How do they have a 73,000 seat stadium?

And why?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    It's where the Arizona Cardinals play and the Fiesta Bowl.

Let's not forget, the Giants only lost by 3 to the Pats when they played a few weeks ago and they haven't been blowing out teams like they did at the beginning of the season, so they have a chance, especially if Eli plays mistake free like he has done so far in the postseason, 0 interceptions, last 4 games looked really good. And they did beat the 2 best teams in the NFC, the Cowboys and the Packers. I think it's going to be a pretty close game (Pats will probably win) but I'm going for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound

I've never been to a football game in the frozen tundra, but one of my greatest sport's memories was Sept. 9, 1965, when I was at Dodger Stadium when Sandy Koufax pitched his perfect game against the Cubs (and Bob Hendley of the Cubs 1-hit the Dodges). And there was a great restaurant between my house and Dodger Stadium that had a Lobster Tail/Filet Mignon combo for $5.95, but that night I just had a couple of Dodger Dogs
    Wow, just noticed your post above AH.... Hey, by the way, the acronym for your screen name is my first and last name!!! Holy schnikies!!! We actually ate dinner next to Sandy in 1966 at a (then) popular restaurant called the "Hungry Tiger" in (I believe) Santa Monica!! What a hell of a nice guy he was.....

Geeze AFF Hound - you must be really old!~.... I'm amazed you are still alive!!!!

Geeze AFF Hound - you must be really old!~.... I'm amazed you are still alive!!!!
    AH (well, the other AH), I have to write quickly, I'm slipping fast.

Funny, the restaurant I referred to was called the La Brea Inn, and it was almost directly across the street from another Hungry Tiger.

Sandy was my absolute idol as a kid. I would have gone nuts to have seen him in a restaurant.

I'm getting weaker,,,,, damn, I meant to get that will done,,,,,, where are my pills?

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    Hello everyone,

I just had to make a post and publically acknowledge my New York Giants! Everyone discounted them and never gave them a chance on the road. They just beat Dallas and they are one game away from going to the Super Bowl!

I dont know what will happen next week when they play the Packers, but as of now it sure feels good to see them in the Playoffs and winning!

Go Giants!
    Congrats Emilio! Can't beat having your team go to the Superbowl.

Good Luck Bud!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound

You were at that game!!! That is fantastic. I was at Derek Lowes no-hitter against the D-Rays back in the day. I had never heard Fenway park louder in my entire life(besides this years playoff run) than that afternoon. It is fun witnessing history in the making.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

The power of ABestWeb and when not to joke around: A couple of hours after my post #19, I really did get sick, and I've had two absoutely miserable days since - killer headache, violent cough + sore ribs, stuffed sinuses, and major digestive problems. I really haven't eaten anything since Monday night. My headache is a bit better now, so I can fucus to read and type a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    You were at that game!!! That is fantastic. I was at Derek Lowes no-hitter against the D-Rays back in the day. I had never heard Fenway park louder in my entire life(besides this years playoff run) than that afternoon. It is fun witnessing history in the making.
    Brent, I've actually been at two no hiters - I saw Kent Merker of the Braves no hit the Dodgers about 15 years ago. The crowd at that game, needles to say, was silent, and then respectful applause at the end.

As to the Super Bowl - I see amazing similarities between the past season's baseball and football seasons and playoffs. Colorado had an amazing run just to get the wild card spot, as did the Giants, and they continued their fabulous play in the playoffs to get to the WS, as the Giants did to get to the SB. The Red Sox seemed clearly to be baseball's best team for most of the season, had a couple of misteps, then turned it on dominate in the WS. NE did much the same thing, and I think they will also take it to the Giants in the SB.

I have been a Pats fan since Drew Bledsoe got drafted. This loss REALLY hurt.

http and a telephoto
    DerekForeal, you have been bumping *very old* threads all afternoon, can you please discontinue that practice? Especially in mostly off topic areas. People don't mind off topic, but in the midst of Q4 with a lot of other stuff going on, clogging up the new posts and daily posts with old thread bumps annoys a lot of folks.

Thanks for understanding.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Point well taken.

Is this just for me and/or just for yesterday, Dec 2nd or is this going forward? A handful of members responded to my post in good spirits.

The last thing I want is not to be a part of this community but you completely lost me with "in the midst of Q4", "with a lot of other stuff going on", and "annoys a lot of folks."

Granted, when I saw I had responded quite heavily, I stopped. Simple as that.

Please explain how my posts in the section of a sub-forum of one of the largest, if not the largest, affiliate forums on the internet correlates my "bumps" in the Fitness and Sports Forum with "Q4" and "other stuff?" I understand you may personally be annoyed, however "a lot of folks" have not contacted me that they were annoyed. Maybe they contacted you and you represented them. I don't have enough information to draw a conclusion.

If it is a problem, then just say it's that...a problem. To pull in other things that may annoy you personally to validate your disagreement and to say that it annoys "a lot of folks" (so far you are the only person I have heard from) is reaching and after spending hours and hours reading this forum, I know that being direct does not seem to be a problem, especially from vets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast