What Commission on Free Products?
    I just got this email from a merchant:

Hi Guys!

We are offering a great promotion right now that your customers would surely love!

Customers can choose from our selection of [products] and get any one of them for free by entering their email address and just paying $5 for shipping.

The link is directly from our homepage at [site] and we will have new banners that you could use to promote this shortly.

Please let me know if you need any help. We are sure that this promotion will be great for both of us!
    What was missing from the email was any reference to how affiliates might expect to profit from promoting the sale of "free products" where the merchant will earn a profit from the shipping & handling fee.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles
    LOL - clueless.

Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rochester, NY
    Well. They're sure the promotion will be great for you and them, Mark. Isn't that enough?

Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

probably an email harvester

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    They probably pay a lead fee.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    West Covina, CA
    A few years ago there was a merchant on LS that always had a few "free" items available, and they would pay a commission based on the listed cost of the items. They paid these commissions for the year or two I was in the program, but then they were deactivated and went bye-bye owing a couple of month's commissions. (Four years later, they still show the LS affiliate program on their site, with a sign-up link.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread