Warning: Trojan in Referrer Spam
    Just wanted to give everyone the "heads up" that there's some seriously malicious referrer spam circulating right now. As if logspam weren't annoying enough, this particular spammer will try to load viruses and/or malware onto your computer if you make the mistake of clicking it.

Please be extra careful about clicking on any domains you might find in your stats program.

Is there a particular IP, user_agent or referer to look out for or are they rotating domains, agents and proxies?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oy mama mia!

It's so creepy to realize how many petty criminals there are in this world ... and online in all their various forms and sneaky slimy attacks.

I'm over the top annoyed with spammers - this is yet another addition to the worry and wonder pile.

Has anyone else reached their capacity for or is it just me?!!

Meanwhile, thanks for the warning Amy!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Sorry for the general nature of the warning. I'm not sure how to be more specific without violating forum rules.

Personally, so far I've seen one IP and more than one domain. When I google those particular domains, I've been finding other sites where webmasters are warning each other about those particular domains. It does seem that there are multiple IPs and MANY multiple domains involved. I don't have the time or inclination to actually follow up and research all their postings to verify the accuracy of the info posted. I would link to the posts so you could read them and double check for yourself, but I get the sense that that would be frowned upon.

At any rate, hopefully abestwebbers generally have a pretty good sense of where their genuine traffic comes from...if anything unusual shows up in your logs, please exercise caution and use google to best advantage...

Rexanne, I must've been posting at the same time you were- didn't see your reply before I posted mine. I agree- TOTALLY creepy and slimy. Yuck.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread