start up capitol
    Hi there,

I currently am putting toghether a assortment of diffirent new marketing campaigns that I think are going to blow away the internet.

I feel 100% confident in my ideas.... that's why I've dished over 1k into it so far, and it is making returns but not to the extent I want it too. I am starting to realize that this project is too big for the budget I'm functioning on at the moment.... and I got two options, either grind it until I just get the entire thing launched on my own, or attempt to get start up.... Unfortunately my credit isn't doing too well.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to get start up for a business, such as investors etc.

I am in a rut with finances right now, but if I could just get this launched I know I'd see .... really big success.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Put a proposal together in writing with info such as:

1) what % on their money investors will (or could hope to) see and a time frame for ROI (return on investment)

2) Explain what it is you're trying to launch and why you think it will work

3) Put a power point presentation together to go with the written and show your online strategy in visual format. Give prospective investors something to "ooo and ahhh" over

edited to add: put some appropriate and cool music on your power point presentation.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

LOL on the music, but I see it working : )

and where would you advise I take my offer for investors after I have my powerpoint put toghether??

Quote Originally Posted by exactsolutions
    and where would you advise I take my offer for investors after I have my powerpoint put toghether??
    You haven't said whether you're looking for $1k or $50k, but a good place to start is with friends and family. These are people that should already trust you and would like to see you become successful. Make your offer as professional as possible and have everything in writing.

Do a Google search for "investment opportunities" to find examples of how to structure your offer. This should also help you find other potential investors and to get a good idea of what they are looking for.

You should also contact your local SBA. The SBA doesn't actually provide loans or financing, they do however have several programs available to help small business owners and start-up businesses secure financing from traditional lending institutions. They can provide guarantees to lending institutions that will lower their risk and make financing your business a much easier decision. You should contact your local SBA office to find out what programs may be available for your business. Make sure that you have a comprehensive business plan and a clear picture of how you will market your business. They also have mentoring programs that can help you structure your business to make it more attractive to investors.

When presenting your opportunity be brutally honest about the possible risks. Don't oversell and don't make wild promises. You may think you have the idea of the century, however there are probably 1,000s of great ideas everyday that never see the light of day.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread