View Poll Results: How often do you make/use your own creatives?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

0 0%
  • Often

2 16.67%
  • Sometimes

6 50.00%
  • Rarely

3 25.00%
  • Never

1 8.33%
    ABW Ambassador
    Making your own Creatives
    I was just wondering if anyone else makes their own creatives? Generally, I will send a polite request to merchants when they don't offer sizes that I am looking for. If they refuse or ignore my request (and are worth the effort) I open up Photoshop or Fireworks and spit out what I need. Obviously, I host the image and replace the image source in one of the merchants links. I know if everyone did this that the stats for the creative would be skewed. Any thoughts on this practice?

Having discussed this with David, with the purpose of simplifying people's responses to the first question I am adding a poll to this thread.

Geno

Once in a while, for reasons similar to those in CD's post, I will make an image to represent a product and/or merchant. This rarely happens in "my" world of marketing tangible products. However, for some of my travel sites I have better hotel photographs than those provided by the hotel chains or by the reservations fulfillment merchant. At least in my major markets I do.

On the other hand I will sometimes "optimize" a creative for the web. For example, there is a new merchant announcement today. One of their banners is over 200K in data size. That is unusable - at least for anyone hoping to market to people who still use dial-up (still a sizable chunk of potential customers). The "physical" size fits perfectly into a new site (where I have temporarily placed AdSense) - but because of the data size I will need to roll my own if I choose to put that merchant in place.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Sometimes I will Crop or resize a current Banner or their Logo just the meet my needs; If I crop one of their Banners (remove some of the information) I will ask for permission to do so.

No Longer Banned!
    ABW Broken Link....
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Having discussed this with David, with the purpose of simplifying people's responses to the first question I am adding a poll to this thread.

Geno

Geno

I can't PM you cuz I'm still new here.

Can you fix/ replace the 468x60 at the top of this page ?

I got a 404 when I clicked it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Can you fix/ replace the 468x60 at the top of this page ?

I got a 404 when I clicked it.
    Thank you, Steve, and if you could please let the forum owner and admin, Haiko, know which exact banner you clicked - by e-mailing him at haiko *at* abestweb (dot) com, I am sure he will appreciate it.

Geno

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread