Angry Merchandiser FTP access issue/question
    I am using SMARTFTP and I can connect to the linksynergy ftp and see files

there is a folder named 24056 and in that folder it has 3 files in this format

#####_#######_##_cmp.txt.gz.lmp

(the #'s are actual numbers)

and there is 1 file called 240506 ategory_list.txt.

I have used a get command in the CMD box and downloaded the file with and without the .lmp as the instructions in the guidelines from linkshare state.

Neither of these files has ANY data. I understand they are place holders, yet I have read many posts and even spoken with my merchant and I cannot for the life of me understand what I am doing wrong.

What kind of FTP program is best for this? I need some really decent instructions on what I am missing because I don't know why I am just downloading empty files.

Thanks in advance!

REM Linkshare FTP Login
    open aftp.linksynergy.com
    username
    password
    binary

REM Move to file location and download files
    cd 12345
    GET xxx19_yyyyyyy_mp.txt.gz
    cd ../xxx18
    GET xxx18_yyyyyyy_mp.txt.gz
    cd ../xxx16
    GET xxx16_yyyyyyy_mp.txt.gz
    cd ../xxx8
    GET xxx8_yyyyyyy8_mp.txt.gz
    bye
    Try something like this. I don't quite remember why (or when) I did it this way, but it works for me.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    Try something like this. I don't quite remember why (or when) I did it this way, but it works for me.
    Good Luck!
    Not sure I understand. Are you saying I should type these in when I log in using the CMD command? It looks like a script, I don't know how to put a script into my ftp program. Could you explain that a bit more?

I think he is saying that instead of using a standalone FTP program, he is going to the command window (DOS to us old timers) and typing in:

FTP
    open...

this uses the built in Microsoft FTP client - if it works for you, you can make a CMD script (or batch file ...) and not have to type it all in each time

I do have one question on this method - all of my files are in the same directory and do not require all of the cd ... actions ie:

get xxxx1.gz
    get xxxx2.gz
    get ...

Charles

I think he is saying that instead of using a standalone FTP program, he is going to the command window (DOS to us old timers) and typing in:
    That's right, I'm working out of a dos prompt.

I do have one question on this method - all of my files are in the same directory and do not require all of the cd ... actions ie:
    I tried to set it up without the cd action, but it didn't work for some reason, possibly because of the automation behind it. It's been a while since I set it up and so I don't remember all the details.

I have no idea how to use a script. People keep talking about scripts. I am just FTPing in using dos or smart ftp. When I use dos I cd to the folder and I do a get or an mget and the file name.

Both of them do nothing but download the .lmp or i try it withOUT the .lmp.
    That file has 0 bytes.

I still have not gotten anywhere here. What am I missing?

My ftp program is set to binary. As soon as i do the get and file name command while ftp'd in DOS - it just tells me connection closed (after it moves that file over.)

Apparently the files are not visible - what i think I am not clear on is what the file name is I am supposed to "get". I don't know how to use a script. What ftp program are you using? I'll do whatever your doing if you will explain it better.

Quote Originally Posted by micheck

FTP
    open...

this uses the built in Microsoft FTP client - if it works for you, you can make a CMD script (or batch file ...) and not have to type it all in each time

get xxxx1.gz
    get xxxx2.gz
    get ...

Charles

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread