|  » Forgot your password?
Join

New York-Based Affiliates - New Policy

Tools Search
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
New York-Based Affiliates - New Policy

As promised in Kevin's thread, here is the "official" post on the topic:

New York-based affiliates WILL NOT be removed from the program because of the NY tax law.

This decision was honestly a no-brainer. I value all of our affiliate partnerships and see no reason* to deactivate, remove, suspend, temporarily pause pending an outcome, etc. affiliates. Period.

*The only affiliates I will remove are those found to be in direct violation of our terms and conditions, and that is regardless of the affiliate's location/historical sales revenue/promises to comply in the future, etc.
Old
Advocate
Thanks Kim.
NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Please read the latest thread re: 4Checks & NY Tax Law HERE.
Old
ABW Ambassador
But:

"You have not been removed from our program, however effective June 1, 2008 your account will be placed on hold temporarily while we re-evaluate the payment structure opportunities on an individual basis. Please expect a call and/or email from me next week with more details."

Does on hold temporarily mean temporarily deactivated? Will links be generating commission? Thanks.
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
But:

"You have not been removed from our program, however effective June 1, 2008 your account will be placed on hold temporarily while we re-evaluate the payment structure opportunities on an individual basis. Please expect a call and/or email from me next week with more details."

Does on hold temporarily mean temporarily deactivated? Will links be generating commission? Thanks.
Trust,

Good question.

At this time, this means that as of June 1st, I will have to temporarily deactivate NY affiliates until I speak with our Finance Department who will consult with our legal team. We have brainstormed a couple of solutions and must run them by Finance and Legal before new Terms & Conditions can be drafted.

I know this contradicts my earlier statement. Please know that I am treating this with the utmost of urgency, as is eveyone at 4Checks' parent company, Custom Direct.

To be honest, this whole situation has made me frustrated to the point of tears several times today. I can only imagine what it must be like to be in the shoes of NY affiliates. My heart goes out to you. Please know I am doing everything possible to push these solutions through ASAP.
Old
Analytics Dude
I have no issue in waiting for the personal communication from you before discussing this publicly. As I had stated in my thread on "Checking In", I couldn't/wouldn't expect promises.

Take a deep breath, Kim. You answered our questions, returned our calls, and were vocal on the issue here. It's not folks like you that I have a problem with.

I appreciate the delicate position every merchant has been put in. Even had we started rallying around this issue in April when it passed, we're still only looking at 30 days for some big money companies to make a very complicated, and almost impossible decision.

Again, in your willingness to dialog, you put yourself 1,000,000 stars ahead of the ones who are showing up today and deactivating. Even worse are the OPMs that deactivated affiliates earlier this week without saying a word here.

Kayak Fishing
Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
Kim, I changed the title of this thread to reflect the change in 4checks policy. It will be applicable into the future as well.
Old
Plain Ol' Affiliate
Send a message via AIM to Rainmaker Send a message via MSN to Rainmaker Send a message via Yahoo to Rainmaker
Wow. If you can't trust Kim/4Checks... who can ya trust?

I'm so upset about this. With every incident I heard about a vendor dumping their NY affiliates, I was assured by 4Checks' statement that they would stick by their affiliates. I didn't think there was any risk with them.. being assured by Kim - one of the most honest people in this business I know.

I'm shaken and upset. And maybe a bit too naive.

(sidenote to Kim: I didn't receive the email you sent the other day. I only found out this new turn of events by accident via ABW today.)
Old
Analytics Dude
Personally, I would leave Kim out of it. When I talked to her on the phone last week, she was very comfortable in saying that there wouldn't be an issue.

I don't think the trust issue lies at the AM in this case.

It was indicated in a different thread that a merchant didn't want to make a statement they had to later contradict. I have news on that... there will be more, and silence was a worse enemy.

Imagine the chain of command on this issue:

AM: "I don't see a problem here".
CFO: "Alright, you have those numbers. We'll go with that."
CEO: "I'll leave it to you two."

4 days later, some attorney (and don't assume there weren't ambulance chasers running the CEOs and CFOs down) says:

"You're out of your mind. You need to bail."

And there you have this scenario (maybe not 4checks in particular, but a situation similar).

Kayak Fishing
Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing
Old
ABW Ambassador
You have to remember affiliate managers don't make these decisions. They lose on this too. They're usually either an inhouse affiliate manager (employee of merchant) or an OPM, hired to help run the affiliate program.
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxly
Kim, I changed the title of this thread to reflect the change in 4checks policy. It will be applicable into the future as well.
Thanks, Deb.
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Wow. If you can't trust Kim/4Checks... who can ya trust?

I'm so upset about this. With every incident I heard about a vendor dumping their NY affiliates, I was assured by 4Checks' statement that they would stick by their affiliates. I didn't think there was any risk with them.. being assured by Kim - one of the most honest people in this business I know.

I'm shaken and upset. And maybe a bit too naive.

(sidenote to Kim: I didn't receive the email you sent the other day. I only found out this new turn of events by accident via ABW today.)
Please know that we are not "dumping" our affiliates. We are working out the details of a few options internally as quickly as possible.

I am very sorry that you are upset with me. I am just as upset that a change needed to be communicated at the last minute, but had not choice in the matter.

I know our NY partners have out in hours upon hours of work to promote us, are upstanding and ethical and that we need you in order to be successful. Please bear with me while the details are ironed out.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi Kim,

I'm not a NY affiliate but just got an email saying that I have been temporarily removed because of this. Did this just go out to everyone accidentally?

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan
Old
ABW Ambassador
I too am not from NY but got the email saying I am temporarily removed.
Old
I have a feeling the email went out to everyone. I got it, too.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
http and a telephoto
It did go to everyone, Shareasale and Kim have been alerted.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxly
It did go to everyone, Shareasale and Kim have been alerted.
Thanks! I had a feeling that was the case but had not seen anyone mention it here.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan
Old
http and a telephoto
An international affiliate twittered HE got it...
Old
ABW Ambassador
Just checking in to see what was happening, I got the e-mail as well. Not a NY affiliate.
Old
ABW Ambassador
yeap, already had sent ya an email Kim. So, you can ignore it. What else that we had talked about can definitely wait too cos I realize you're up to your eyeballs with all of this. (and havin some email problems, so saving ya time posting here)

and..I'm not a NY affiliate. Realize they're all very upset and have every reason to be. Not liking what's goin on either and pretty scary thinking what all it means if it's not straightened out for everybody. From everything I've had experience with you, tho...I think you're doin everything you possibly can for your affiliates, so please try not to cry about it as you mentioned before.
Some words are bein said at times in some of the threads, but it's only cos everybody.. especially any of the NY affiliates are upset by what's goin on. Don't think any of these words would normally have been said or directed at you. I agree that just cos an affiliate manager is the one in charge for all of us....doesn't mean they agree with the policy of the merchant or have any say in the matter. So, please try not to take any words that may be said personally.
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
It looks like it did go out to ALL affiliates. I'm checking into this now and will send an additional email explaining the mishap.

New York affiliate partners are the only ones who will be paused.

It's got to get better soon, right?
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM@4checks
It's got to get better soon, right?
It will get better. I'm not quite so in the middle of all of this junk right now as many of the rest of you, but I had an issue back in February with something that resulted in my revenue going down by a third out of the blue and my members turning against me because of it. It was horrible!! But I learned who I could really trust and how to better diversify my business. It's ugly all around right now, but it will eventually pass and everyone will do what needs to be done to get past it.

Old
Beachy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM@4checks
......It's got to get better soon, right?
Yes it will, Kim. Hang in there.
Old
Plain Ol' Affiliate
Send a message via AIM to Rainmaker Send a message via MSN to Rainmaker Send a message via Yahoo to Rainmaker
The trigger has been pulled. The axe has fallen.

I'm no longer a 4Checks affilaite.

but as Ahhhnold says.... "I'll be back"
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker
The trigger has been pulled. The axe has fallen.

I'm no longer a 4Checks affilaite.

but as Ahhhnold says.... "I'll be back"
Rainmaker, I do so hope that holds true! I want you back!

The state of New York's lawmakers have broken my heart.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search