Join

Thread: douwantit

Tools Search
Old January 9th, 2003, 04:11 AM
ABW Ambassador
Hi

Is DoUwantit http://www.douwantit.com/web/splash.do
a parasite?

Every sale made for some of my merchants now are directed to them for international shipping.

I emailed one of my merchants www.classiccloseouts.com twice asking them if a customer follows a link from my site to theirs, and the customer opts for international shipping and are transferred to douwantit, would I get the commission.

No reply from them.

Any ideas?
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:03 AM
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Looks like some type of International freight forwarding operation to handle tarrifed shipments or consumer goods to certain countries.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
Hi womanht and welcome to ABW.

I went through their demo and some of their FAQs. It looks like what happens is that people who live outside of the US can shop at US based stores that don't offer international shipping themselves. The purchases are actually made by DoUWantIt to merchant; they in turn sell and ship it from their centers here is the US to the international customer. The purchase it is actually processed through DoUWantIt's shopping cart and not the merchants. Since that appears to be the case, I don't see how you could get the commission since the merchant's receipt page is never reached. OTOH, you wouldn't have gotten a sale anyway, since the visitor is international and the merchant doesn't ship internationally.

It makes for a very interesting situation, since yes you did drive the buying customer to the site. But DoUWantIt's services are also necessary for the sale to be made. And technically, DoUWantIt becomes the customer to the merchant where there is a physical US address. I could find nothing on the site, like a merchant FAQ, that explained how the ordering is handled between DoUWantIt and the merchant.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old January 10th, 2003, 02:35 AM
ABW Ambassador
Thanks. Appreciate your advice.

I will take the merchants using them out anyway as at least 50% of my traffic is from international customers.

Amazon used to ship internationally. Now they are using doUWantit too. Hope other merchants that ship internationally would not follow their lead.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search