|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Parasite feedback

Tools Search
Old
Affiliate Manager
Parasite feedback

Hello all,

I would like to hear your opinion on this subject. I am an affilaite manager for big merchant and just recently started to manage this program. Want to let you guys know that I was on the affilaite side before and was decent size affiliate.

So, I researching this subject now and wanted to know what you guys have to say. "Loyalty" sites - shopathome, Upromise, freecause, and others are the top 6-7 performamers in my program. But I am learning that I also paying them for direct traffic sales in case there is toolbar downloaded. I got the word that "only 1%" of client base have the toolbar downloaded...can someone has to say anything about it? Would like to hear if this number accurate or not.

Also, I eill have to figh a lot, but I am considering to swith to other network, and/drop the loyalty from the program altogether.

Let me know what do you think and what your opinions are, I really want to hear what smaller publisher has to say.

Thanks
Old
The Seal of Aproval
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimon View Post
I got the word that "only 1%" of client base have the toolbar downloaded...can someone has to say anything about it? Would like to hear if this number accurate or not.
We've been hearing the same 1% BS for years; I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now.

Ya kinda have to ask yourself; if only 1% of their client base is utilizing their toolbars, why would they exclude themselves from merchants and networks that don't allow toolbars? And why would they spend money to develop, promote and maintain their toolbars? For only 1% of their client base?

If you're really interested in knowing the truth, you should contact Kellie Stevens at AffiliateFairPlay. They are consultants that work with merchants and networks to make sure that they have and maintain clean programs.

Good luck.

-rematt
Old
Affiliate Manager
Thank you for your response.

I have couple of questions:

Do all networks allow "tool bar" affilaites or only CJ

And also, what are the sample "big name" merchants who ban the use of tool bars as a mean to promote the site?

Thanks in advance
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Hello all,

I know that this is not too popular thread, but I just wanted to post still. I made all "loyalty" publishers to opt-out from toolbar or similar deal, and drop the ones that do not allow it.

will try to keep my program cleaner
Thanks From:

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search