Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

bt openworld anytime terminated!

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
I am so annoyed, Bt sent me an email today saying they are terminating my account because of over use, they are saying i am online over 12 hours a day(i don't think so) they are terminating it on 26th september, which gives me a week to change my email address on over 300 webpages, lots of affiliate programs, music and shopping sites and all my friends and collegues. Also i was using their web pages for one of my sites, and now when its in all the search engines, i will have to move it somewhere else.

Has anyone had this problem? what did you do? it's not going to do my website visitors any favours when they email me, and it bounces back as user no longer there!

I only went with BT to support them as my husband is a BT engineer!
wonn't do it again.
I think they want everyone to go broadband, but it will not be available where i live for sometime as only 25 people have registered their interest and they need 400! ha ha
Old
they switched me to a different dialup number for overuse, of course the new number was terrible.. i had to switch to broadband
Old
ABW Adviser Panel
Hmm.. you need to escalate it to someone.. BT is a mess, but if you demand to speak to someone else then you might get somewhere, it's worked for me in the past.

Ahh yes.. one of the advantages in being a townie is having a cable modem. NTL aren't much better than BT but at least they can install the product in less than 6 months (it was only 5 months to get it working!)

Меня зовут Динаму
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
I know this answer will not be helpful, but why are you using a @btopenworld email address for your sites? If they are large and popular surely you should be using someone@yoursite.com?

On the 12 hour thing - I got pushed onto the overuse number but have been lucky and I make sure I am under the 12 hour limit. Also I use ISDN which keeps the time online down due to instant startup and faster speed.

Good luck with your complaint, but I suspect you will not get far, you could try asking about a service upgrade, that may help.

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
- Oscar Wilde
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi thanks for all your replies,
Bt has not offered me an over use number or anything, and i cannot change to pay as you go as it is my account that has been terminated not the tariff.

Yes i know i should have a better email address, on my sites, some pages do have my domain email on, but i am so used to my bt one, i never thought it would be a problem.

I recieved an email today from the acceptable use, which stated that it would be terminated and i can not do anything, i could send £10 to their address to get a copy of my usage data! what a con! and i could upgrade to broadband if i want,not an option yet! and also my payment for this month went through today, so i am very annoyed,
i am currently changing my site on their webspace, which was really getting somewhere! no.1 in google for unusual vegetables, never mind, i am sure they will be bankrupt soon, which is a shame as my husband works for them.

Tamalyn
Old
ABW Ambassador
It's a pain, but not that big a deal (except the email address thing) - switch to tiscali or clara.net or someone. Problem solved. This is what I did until recently - sign up to Freeserve HomeTime at 6 quid a month (unmetered 6 pm - 2am and weekends) and sign up to a.n.other 24/7 unmetered service. Use an.other unmetered service during peak hours and switch to Freeserve after 6 and on weekends. It will cost you about 18 pounds a month total, but should avoid problems with overuseage.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi
Thanks Markymark, I was think of joining 2 isp's otherwise i will just get the same problem, being an internet addict.

I was thinkong of freeserve anytime and something else.
Old
ABW Adviser Panel
Nothing can beat good old fashioned BT customer service, can it?

Меня зовут Динаму

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search