|  » Forgot your password?
Join

BBB [Split Off]

Tools Search
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
It'll kind of be like the BBB. You know how everyone trusts their ratings but most people don't understand that for the right amount anyone can join the BBB.
Totally disagree! Your post is utterly sarcastic. Certain standards must be met for the BBB...albeit they may not be the highest hoops to jump through for the online industry, there are hoops and standards...many people (online consumers) still put a lot of weight into the 36 month record of complaints/resolutions. The BBB has a long and trusted history offline and online.

I am tired of people trashing the BBB. I now see why you are titled the "Resident Misanthrope"

Jim
Old
ABW Ambassador
Unless there have been extreme changes in the past few years ProWebAddict is right. People think that a BBB seal is something that must be earned and that the BBB will help them out if there are disputes. These things just are not true. I looked into getting a BBB seal for my ecommerce site and the more I learned about it the less attractive it was. The value of the seal is entirely in the perception of protection, just as any "Affiliate Seal" value would be if it lacks a valid foundation.
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
The good housekeeping seal is given to a company who buys X full page ads VS the UL symbol which is actually earned - so yes it is perception vs reality.

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2busy
Unless there have been extreme changes in the past few years ProWebAddict is right. People think that a BBB seal is something that must be earned and that the BBB will help them out if there are disputes. These things just are not true.
Whether you like it or not, the BBB Seal garners consumer confidence. And, I have had GREAT assistance through the BBB over the past few years.

It really bothers me when people speak about something they have no knowledge about!

Jim
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
So now I'm the bad guy for pointing out the truth?

No one said that people don't have confidence in BBB nor has anyone bashed the organization (yet).

All the PR talk aside, the fact remains that you pay to play. Sure businesses have had their BBB status revoked but educated consumers know the whole story.

However I'd understand why you'd want people to think otherwise. If everyone thought BBB=pay to play then that confidence wouldn't be there.

By the way, are you Cowboy Jimmy? If not then you have a twin.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=36232

Also
Here
Here

Last edited by ProWebAddict; August 27th, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via ICQ to Caseyfern Send a message via AIM to Caseyfern Send a message via Yahoo to Caseyfern
Can the BBB remove or change the image placed on a website of one of its members?
Old
No one said you are the bad guy...and, it is questionable whether you pointed out the truth or not. I don't think so. Don't get so defensive.

You "bashed" the organization in you post when you said:

Quote:
It'll kind of be like the BBB. You know how everyone trusts their ratings but most people don't understand that for the right amount anyone can join the BBB.
No...not just anyone can join the BBB. You are oversimplfying the process!

Quote:
All the PR talk aside, the fact remains that you pay to play. Sure businesses have had their BBB status revoked but educated consumers know the whole story.
Untrue! You don't pay to play. You sound like someone who has had his BB staus revoked. "Educated Consumers"...LOL

Quote:
However I'd understand why you'd want people to think otherwise. If everyone thought BBB=pay to play then that confidence wouldn't be there
Nice try. You really are miserable/pathetic. I see why your moniker reads: "Resident Misanthrope". Are you really that miserable?...

Quote:
Misanthrope: a hater of humankind.; One who hates or mistrusts humankind.
Jim
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
By the way, are you Cowboy Jimmy? If not then you have a twin.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=36232

Also
Here
Here
I see you updated your post.

No. I have no idea who Cowboy Jimmy is. Are you going to start an all-out attack on me because I confronted you? I always get a kick out of peopkle like you who go on the Attack when they are confronted on their biases.

I am not looking for a fight, but it looks like you are gearing up for one. Sorry you have such a biased outlook on the BBB. Millions don't.

Jim
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
Thank you for giving me my laugh for the day.

Quote:
You really are miserable/pathetic. I see why your moniker reads: "Resident Misanthrope". Are you really that miserable?...
THEN...

Quote:
Are you going to start an all-out attack on me because I confronted you?
Old
Glad you are happy. Sarcasim is usually the defense of someone who is wrong...when they have no argument left.

Jim
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
This is why I have a problem with some people.

I post my opinion which is based on my research and someone comes out swinging saying how I am wrong.

I post other perspectives on the issue so that people who
don't understand what I am saying can get another POV and then I'm attacked and called names.

It's called having a discussion which obviously some people don't want. They want to yell and shout their POV but when someone refutes they get upset. While at the same time they accuse the other person of doing what they themselves did.

That's funny.

You can have your opinion, I don't care.

I haven't been sarcastic yet but a more accurate description would be to say that people who get personal and can't stick to the facts are the ones who are in the wrong.

Though I have to applaud you because anyone who would be so unprofessional while representing their business really must hold strongly to their convictions.

However, the difference between you and I is that I don't fault you nor will I insult you for stating your opinion.

To each his own.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Well, I was going to post something, but I think I'll stand back, less a stray punch...

X
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
The BBB has a dubious rep for some and a good one for the remainder, lets agree to disagree and keep talking productively about Affiliate Marketing as this discussion looks like its staying south.

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Closed Thread

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search