Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Jingle Bell Question

Tools Search
Old
The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
Jingle Bell Question

Well its xmas time and I'm listening to alot of xmas carols while working on my sites. So this question came to me.
Have you ever ridden in a one horse open sleigh and if you have did the sleigh have jingling bells?

I personally haven't, I don't think I have ever seen one in real life.

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Old
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
Never even seen a one horse open sleigh in person, BUT....

Have been teaching my 3 yr old grand daughter how to sing Jingle Bells and had to Goog a one horse open sleigh for her, so that she knew what she was singing....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....
Old
ABW Ambassador
Nope, never have but would reallllly love to be able to ride in one Funny you brought this up tho lol Just the other day a friend of mine showed me a picture of him when he was in Finland and he was in a one reindeer open sleigh and the reindeer had jingling bells on it. Honest

I'm bettin tho either maybe in Colorado or maybe Vermont they have em or maybe Austria, Switzerland or any place with a lotta snow cos it would be a great tourist attraction. Who wouldn't wanna take a ride in one of em?? Maybe I'm just goofy but that sounds like the most romantic date a person could go on.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
Romantic for the first block....

Freezing cold there-after -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....
Old
Have been in a two-horse open sleigh, jingle bells and all the works. Usually we don't get snow here, but once in a while we get lucky (this year!) and have a slight dusting.

One of the perks of being an event manager are all the great hotel-held christmas events, and one of the major-chain hotels in my city hosts a "winter wonderland" event in the forest as a christmas present for buyers like us agencies. They have christmas tree cutting, a little christmas market with artisan items for sale, hot mulled wine, great hors d'oevres and sleigh rides for the kids. I rarely go to hotel events, but I make sure not to miss this one!
Old
Beachy
Yes and yes. A long time ago, at my childhood (through high school) home, a neighbor had a couple of horses and a sleigh. We were all close friends so I got to go horseback riding in the summer and had a few of those "one horse open sleigh" rides in the winter. Jingle bells were a fun part of the experience. Definitely needed to be bundled up - the rides were usually followed by hot chocolate in somebody's kitchen.

I'm not really sure "why" the use of bells originated - but actually believe it is/was a safety issue. Newly fallen snow deadens sound and a sleigh being pulled by one horse doesn't make much sound to begin with. Plus if it is still snowing, visibility is poor. The jingle of the bells likely act much like a fog horn of a ship - to alert others of one's position.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Does a 4 horse open sleigh count? Went skiing in CO a few years back. Had to do the tourist thing. A sleigh ride and then dinner. All of the horses had bells on. It was freezing but there were blankets to cover up with.
Old
Affiliate Manager
I have - took my then fiance (now wife) on a sleigh ride 'round Lake Harriet here in Minneapolis. It had one horse, was open (and cold) and had bells, which jingled all the way.
Old
I've been in a horse-drawn carriage and have also been in a "sled" (an old car hood) pulled behind a tractor, but never in a horse-drawn sleigh.

I saw this interesting sight at Sonic Friday night:

A girl went through the drive through on her horse! You don't see that very often, even here in Texas.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Probably the closest we get in Chicago is a horse drawn carriage.

-rematt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water_tower.jpg (181.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg carriage line.jpg (228.9 KB, 3 views)

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search