5.1% to 10% 6 11.76%
10.1% to 25% 9 17.65%
25.1% to 50% 9 17.65%
Over 50% 9 17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Adsense Earnings

Tools Search
Old
What % of your monthly earning is from Adsense? A rough estimate will do, let's say average for the last 3 months (or the last 30 days if you just started with Adsense).

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
EYI, Inc.
ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

[This message was edited by Ian @ EYIProducts on October 28, 2003 at 02:57 PM.]
Old
I like traffic lights
Just remember to check you adsense T&C before you go blabbing about your adsense performance. :^)

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"
Old
Is there an issue with Google's rules about reporitng your own personal income? Not really the final amount paid out. I would think this is ok no?

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

EYI, Inc.
ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
604-596-9766

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via MSN to DesignerWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DesignerWiz
I don't think that Google can say anything about "vague" % amounts.

Ray Thomas
DesignerWiz.com CEO
Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
http://DesignerWiz.com
ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding
Old
Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ EYIProducts:
Is there an issue with Google's rules about reporting your own personal income? Not really the final amount paid out. I would think this is ok no?

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's against section 8(b) of the Ts & Cs:

"[You cannot disclose] (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google;"

(They may mention it in other places, too, but I wasn't rereading all of their docs for this...)

Google doesn't provide vague %ages though. I don't think this poll would violate anything!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb
Old
I don't think anybody should be talking about adsense at all to keep it around "as is" as long as possible.

Seems every time something good comes around, people post for the world to see and eventually it comes ineffective and/or unprofitable.

Why people would want more competition and/or the threat of some low life doing something to ruin it for all is beyond me. There is already talk about people creating multiple sites just to cash in on adsense...

I see this good thing "as is" being threatened in some way down the road. Not sure how, but it happens with everything that is constantly talked about, and adsense is being talked about everywhere it seems..

My advice would be to not even talk about it in the open , but that will never happen. I would be a fool to think otherwise.

But then again, people are paying to place the ads, so maybe I am just overreacting while remembering when FFA's, email marketing, ezines, etc, use to be effective.

Just my thoughts FWIW

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>
Old
Ray: I agree.

Leader: I also agree. Posting your personal income based on a % of Adsense income is just that. A % of your personal income and not the final amount.

Time to sleep... ZZzzzzzz.....

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

EYI, Inc.
ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
604-596-9766

Old
ABW Ambassador
I didn't think Google was that powerful, being able to tell who the actual person is from a message board nick. Or go into chat and talk about it. Also not many companies would withhold such info as what part of the pie you are making.
Old
deleted
Old
ABW Adviser Panel
A poll is a nice anonymous way of doing it

________
"All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation
Old
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There is already talk about people creating multiple sites just to cash in on adsense... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make site, make money. Make more sites, make more money! That's how it works with pay-per-sale, no reason it should work differently for PPC.

Anyone who says sites are made for the love of it can line up right behind the guys trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb
Old
My point was that people are trying to find out ways to use trickery in order to make money with this.

Not sure if I am making myself clear and at this point it really doesn't matter. I may point to my post above in a few months...

I still don't understand what knowing someone else's earnings does for anyone except put it on the radar screen. We all know some will make more then others, and some will make less.

Anyway....there is more to worry about then this trivial stuff...

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>
Old
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I still don't understand what knowing someone else's earnings does for anyone except put it on the radar screen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curiosity, I think. People on all my j*bs compared checks too, even at union places where the pay was set according to contract!

Granted, they compared a lot less at the union places, but they *did* compare...

I guess it's just human nature to do it.

Old
This is true. I also see that Ian is an "Internet Marketing Strategist", so this info would be helpful to him when consulting others ( if consulting others is part it).

Old
Hey Dirk,

You see right. That is my title here. As an accountable marketer, I have been and will continue to be very open (full signature and full name) in all forums I particiapte in.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

EYI, Inc.
ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
604-596-9766

Old
ABW Ambassador
I can't see where expressing Google AdSense revenue as a percentage of total income would create any problems. Google doesn't want people quoting specific dollar amounts earned, but as a percentage of total sales, you'd have to know what the total income is to decipher much information.

Andy

Old
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
...you'd have to know what the total income is to decipher much information.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

EYI, Inc.
ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
604-596-9766

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search