Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join
View Poll Results: Affiliates: What is your AVERAGE net monthly affiliate income (after expenses)?
Less than $100 a month. 7 19.44%
$100 - $249 a month. 4 11.11%
$250 - $499 a month. 1 2.78%
$500 - $999 a month. 1 2.78%
$1,000 - $2,499 a month. 3 8.33%
$2,500 - $4,999 a month. 6 16.67%
$5,000 - $9,999 a month. 4 11.11%
$10,000 - $24,999 a month. 7 19.44%
$25,000 - $100,000 a month. 1 2.78%
Over $100,000 a month. 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Affiliates: How Much Money Do You Make In Affiliate Marketing?

Tools Search
Old
Banned
Affiliates: How Much Money Do You Make In Affiliate Marketing?

Just curious. How much money do you make a month from Affiliate Marketing? Averaging the 12 months together, how much money do you average making on a montly basis? HONESTY is appreciated. I'm not asking for your best month or you worst month, but an average amount. I know that changes from month to month and year to year, but just give an your best honest average.

NOTE: I AVERAGE a few thousand dollars a month on all networks and in-house programs combined.

PLEASE DO NOT NUKE THIS POLL OR RE-NAME IT. THANK YOU!
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
Are you asking about gross income or net profit? (not that you should expect many answers either way)
phil@abestweb.com

Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; January 29th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old
Banned
Net profit is best. Bring home pay after expenses. So, if you spend $1,000 on PPC and make $1,700 a month, your answer should be $700, not $1,700.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Banned
The poll is suppose to be private. I'm just curious. I thought my average was horrible, until some recent threads and posts. Then I found out I might actually be doing pretty good at this. However, I am a Perfectionist who sets high goals. So, I will always strive to be better.
Old
Beachy
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfinch View Post
Net profit is best. Bring home pay after expenses. So, if you spend $1,000 on PPC and make $1,700 a month, your answer should be $700, not $1,700.
Yes, to be a meaningful poll for affiliates it should be "net" earnings.

Merchants, on the other hand, may not feel the same way. They like to see sales - and if PPC costs the affiliate a bundle it really makes no difference to them.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
Quote:
There are other expenses that also need to be deducted if you are looking for true net profits: Hosting, ISP, software and hardware costs, home (or actual) office costs, outsourcing (web design, graphics, etc.), seminars and conferences, FNS and/or business license fees, bank charges, etc., etc., as exist in running any business.
phil@abestweb.com
Old
The "other" left wing
Send a message via Yahoo to davidh
Anybody who makes a living is probably in the top 2% or maybe even top 1%.

Even if somebody who makes $2k per month is making a lot less than those who make 5 or 6 figures per month, they still fall into that same percentile range along with the heavy hitters.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I gotta say -- this poll is probably more ridiculous than the one about whether ABW is headed in the "right" or "wrong" direction.

Why in the world would anyone 1) care how much affiliates here are making a month, or, 2) care to select an earnings range?
Old
ABW Ambassador of Chocolate
Quote:
more ridiculous
+1
Old
Banned
LOL! Ridiculous? Ridiculous? LOL!

Can't please everyone. Sometimes you can't please anyone.

I care and others do too.

Dispite what Michael wants this forum to become, a Borg Forum where everyone has the same mind, opinions and views, that is not the real world

Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean others don't.

We can be different you know. Nope, we can't. Not in this forum anymore.

Another de-railed poll and thread. Thanks. See ya!!!
Old
ABW Ambassador
If there is a poll I find ridiculous or have no interest in, I simply don't vote. Goes back to what I posted elsewhere. I just stay out of those polls/threads I don't care about.

It could be just to a way to gauge how people are doing. I expect the poll to be pretty much how it always is. We have people just starting out making close to $0 and we have experienced people doing this for a living, doing pretty well.

I remember back in the day we used to have these type of $10,000 a month type threads and I was just starting out and those got me inspired. This is one of the more famous ones around here By Golly -I think I've done it!!
Old
What's with the negativity lately?

If someone doesn't see relevance in a discussion, then don't participate... I see no point dissing a thread.

I think a lot of people wonder about the viability of making a living at affiliate marketing. It's a general poll, not an exercise in accounting..

(Trust: just saw your response, I agree)

Last edited by teezone; January 29th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old
Banned
FYI WriterGuy, there is no poll on ABW heading in the "wrong" or "right" direction. The original thread isn't even there. Michael nuked the poll and de-railed the thread. Wait til he starts derailing your thread and then you'll understand the true meaning of ridiculous.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I see nothing wrong about this poll and figuring out how much others make. If you are starting out or have been at this a while, it is normal to wonder what your potential could be and if you are setting your goals too high or too low. That is why I find CJ bars or their CJ performer status helpful. Each year I set goals for myself and strife to achieve them regardless of the bars/status level but I use the CJ levels so I know where I stand and have more ammunition if and when asking for a commish increase.

I would only vote in this poll if I know 100% that the polls are anonymous. I am not so sure about that since I know that nothing is safe and private on the internet.

Snowfinch, though many may not agree with you, I find that you being honest, open and frank makes things more interesting and livelier around here. Hope you stick around.

Here is some stats by Shawn Collins - see page 18
2010 Affiliate Summit AffStat Report
Old
The "other" left wing
Send a message via Yahoo to davidh
Quote:
I would only vote in this poll if I know 100% that the polls are anonymous.
At default VB setting, mods and admins can to see who voted and how on polls where the OP selected "Private Poll". If this is manually toggled off so that mods can't see, admins would be able to see regardless of the settings. I don't mean to infer or accuse anybody of anything; I'm just saying that's how Vbulletin works, that's all.
Old
ABW Ambassador
This mod has no way to see who voted or how.
Old
Send a message via Skype™ to calebtheredwood
Thanks for this poll and thread. I am interested in this kind of thing and would participate more in threads like this.

Too bad there are so many short sighted people who feel they need to post here when they clearly aren't interested or welcomed.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
I see nothing wrong about this poll and figuring out how much others make. If you are starting out or have been at this a while, it is normal to wonder what your potential could be and if you are setting your goals too high or too low.
This is how I feel as well.
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
I gotta say -- this poll is probably more ridiculous than the one about whether ABW is headed in the "right" or "wrong" direction.
I have to disagree. Some (incorrectly, IMHO) claim that there are very few successful affiliates on ABW.

Of course it's anyone's guess how accurate the poll is.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
Beachy
There are actually quite a few successful affiliates on ABW. A few of them have posted in this thread.
Old
Quote:
PLEASE DO NOT NUKE THIS POLL OR RE-NAME IT. THANK YOU!
Quote:
FYI WriterGuy, there is no poll on ABW heading in the "wrong" or "right" direction. The original thread isn't even there. Michael nuked the poll and de-railed the thread. Wait til he starts derailing your thread and then you'll understand the true meaning of ridiculous.
Drop the attitude. When you walk around with a chip on your shoulder all the time, you're just daring people to knock it off. You have some incredibly great stuff to contribute here on ABW, but it's hard to see through the attitude.

Quote:
Dispite what Michael wants this forum to become, a Borg Forum where everyone has the same mind, opinions and views, that is not the real world
That's not at all what I want. I would just like to see people be respectful and civil when they share their opinions and views. The only way to have a forum where everyone has the same mind, opinions and views is to have a forum with just one member.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
The only way to have a forum where everyone has the same mind, opinions and views is to have a forum with just one member.
Not entirely true... did you see the flick "Me, Myself and Irene".
Old
Banned
There you go again Michael. Doing the thinking for other people. If I had an attitude, everyone would know it. But, now that you mention it, I might just have a little chip on my shoulder. My other thread was title "The Status Of ABW", not "The Direction of ABW". I would like to see MY title returned.

Now, please don't de-rail this thread. The topic clearly says this is to be about how much member make in affiliate marketing, not whether Snowfinch has an attitude or not.

Your post above was not very nice nor civil. As Administrator, may you should set an example and BE NICE! Thank you!
Old
Quote:
If I had an attitude, everyone would know it.
You said it.

Quote:
Now, please don't de-rail this thread.
You're the one who derailed this thread. I just responded to your comments here to set the record straight.

Now do you want to get back on topic, or do you want to prove my point?
Old
ABW Ambassador
To get back on track:

I make a good 2nd income at affiliate marking, however I have a hard time beleiving that an Affiliate here at ABW has to claim 1.2 million on their income tax return this year. I sure their are large companies out their that may make over a million profit from displaying affiliate ads on their site however I sure their not members of ABW.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search