Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Webmerge Table Problem...

Tools Search
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to sladewilson
Webmerge Table Problem...

Why would Webmerge fail to add the closing </tr> and </table> tags in the following code example:

<table>
<tr>
<td valign="top" align="center">

[WM-RECORD cols=4]
[WM--IndexLabel: brand]
<center>[WM-IMAGEPATH: image1 raw]<BR><font color="#000080" size="2">[WM-FIELD: brand]</font>
[/WM-IndexLabel]
[/WM-RECORD]

</td>
</tr>
</table>

I end up having to add the tags to the TEMPLATE like this...

<table>
<tr>

[WM-RECORD cols=4]
<center>[WM-IMAGEPATH: image1 raw]<BR><font color="#000080" size="2">[WM-FIELD: brand]</font>
[/WM-IndexLabel]
[/WM-RECORD]
</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Heidi Send a message via MSN to Heidi Send a message via Yahoo to Heidi
Usually when there are issues, I find it is because of a problem in the datafeed your trying to use. Some of the merchant feeds have html in them and when they do it can totally mess up the pages.
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Affiliate Manager
Please try the latest test version, v2.4.1:

Windows:
http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...W_WebMerge.exe

Mac:
http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...bMerge.app.zip

That file is the application only -- just drop it into your WebMerge folder and double-click to run.

That most recent build of v2.4.1 has addressed all reproducible cases of table-related issues. The two reports against that version thus far have turned out not to be WebMerge; one was a template that included other table elements which caused the page to have too many </tr>s, and the other was a parsing problem from incorrectly set delimiters.

Give it a whirl, and as Heidi suggested double-check that the delimiter settings are appropriate for the format of your source file.

Please let us know how it works out for you.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Heidi Send a message via MSN to Heidi Send a message via Yahoo to Heidi
Richard, I'm using the recommended version and have come across an issue today while updating a site.

This is what I have in my template: [WM-Record cols=3 width=600]

In my ini file I've told it to base the name on category.

The problem arises when the amount of products is not divisible by 3, and there is only 1 left over product for the next row - webmerge then puts the single product in a strange spot in the template.

When there are 2 products, left it produces the table as it should.

I've been able to replicate this by changing the cols=4 - again if there is just 1 product left for the next row, then it puts it in a strange place in the template.
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
After viewing the source of the affected pages, its ending the table prematurely by putting in a </table> when it should have a <tr> there and then end the table after that product. This only happens when there is just 1 product left for the category.
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Affiliate Manager
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's absolutely critical that anyone experiencing an issue with table generation to please SEND ME THE FILES NEEDED TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE.

As I've written across this forum many time, all reproducible issues with tables have been addressed in the latest test builds. So if any of you encounter an issue not yet addresses in those builds then I'll need to fix it here, and for me to fix it I need to reproduce it, and to reproduce it I'll need the files which exhibit the problem.

When sending files please include only the template exhibiting the problem and the settings file that uses that template (if your setup uses multiple templates the others are of no use in testing and just eat time wading through to guess which one is the one I should be looking at). Please also include the source file, but if it's bigger than 2MB please try to cut it down to something under 2MB which still shows the error.

Also, some email programs alter text attachments, so it's best to put these files into a Zip archive and send that.

I look forward to being able to address the issue you've encountered once I get those files....
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
I have mailed the zip file to you.
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladewilson
Why would Webmerge fail to add the closing </tr> and </table> tags in the following code example:

<table>
<tr>

[WM-RECORD cols=4]
[/WM-IndexLabel]
[/WM-RECORD]

</td>
</tr>
</table>

I end up having to add the tags to the TEMPLATE like this...

<table>
<tr>

[WM-RECORD cols=4]
[/WM-IndexLabel]
[/WM-RECORD]
</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
</table>[/WM-RECORD]

Try moving your [/WM-RECORD] to where I put it in your quote - after the </table> instead of where you have it and see what happens.

ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW - None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe) - Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison. Give me a minute before I post again.
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Affiliate Manager
Heidi sent me an excellent set of example data which allowed me to hone in on the problem in under an hour.

Please use the URLs posted above to test the latest build to make sure it does what's needed with table generation.

Once this build is a wrap I can get back to adding new stuff for v2.5. Thanks for your help in testing this.
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
Any idea when we will have a fix for this table issue?
Old April 7th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Affiliate Manager
On March 30 I wrote:

>Heidi sent me an excellent set of example data which
> allowed me to hone in on the problem in under an hour.
> Please use the URLs posted above to test the latest build to
> make sure it does what's needed with table generation.

I waited many days for a reply here to that, but since the problem was corrected in my testing I posted v2.4.1 as official release on 4/4:
http://www.fourthworld.com/products/.../download.html

It would be good to get verification of this fix from you when you have a chance.
Old April 7th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Crazy Cat Lady
will let ya know - didn't see that you had posted a fix

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search