Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: What are sub-ids?

Tools Search
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:05 PM
ABW Ambassador
What are sub-ids?

Shawn, there's a place in the interface to add a Sub ID. What is that for, is it for additional websites?

I've got links up on one site, but could put a banner on another two - only if banners can go to a specific site page or section. Is that what Sub ID's are for, to identify where clicks come from?
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via ICQ to shawn_naturehills Send a message via AIM to shawn_naturehills Send a message via Yahoo to shawn_naturehills
Hi webworker,

Sub-ids in Kowabunga allow you to track statistics for different links.

You can review your reports and break them down further by seeing which link (sub-id) is the best performing one. Maybe you want to know how the link you have at the bottom of your homepage is performing, with Sub-IDs you can track all clicks and sales from this specific link.

By using sub-ID's you can find out how every single link is performing seperately.

An example link with a sub-id

-http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/jewelry/t.asp?id=XXXX&sub=mysubid&p=wholesalecloseouts.php?cat=Gemstones

where XXXX is your affiliate id and mysubid is the sub id you create (this could be homepage, bottom, googleppc, keyword1, etc. - essentially anything you want to use to track clicks and sales thru that specific link).

Then, in the affiliate interface, simply click on View Reports and then Manage Sub-ids and you will be able to see the stats for each subid.

I hope this helps, if you need specific help, please pm or email us and we will help you

Thanks,
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Using SUB IDs

I use sub-ids to track separate sections of my web site (and separate sites), and to track PPC keyword campaigns.

MyAP/Kowabunga uses a parameter "sub=XXXX" and allows 25 characters; Shareasale uses a parameter "afftrack=XXX"

When I'm running a PPC campaign for a merchant who uses MyAP/Kowabunga, I define separate URLs for each keyword, like this:
sub=ggl+search+phrase (e.g. "ggl" for google, "ovr" for overture, etc.)
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via ICQ to shawn_naturehills Send a message via AIM to shawn_naturehills Send a message via Yahoo to shawn_naturehills
tim-store.com

Exactly, the sub-ids can be used for anything - the parameter gives you the flexibility to track results for every single link.

Thanks for posting your uses - definitely a great way to measure ROI per keyword.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search